Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Film, TV and Songwriting Opps

Wow, I knew it had been a little while since my last post, but I didn't realize it had been quite so long. There has been quite a lot going on. Not the least of which is the ridiculous Texas heat. I have to tell you that as a Texas transplant (from NYC) I feel there is seriously something wrong with triple digit temps since mid May!!
K, now that I've gotten that out of my system, moving on. In my last post I was talking about the importance of film, tv and songwriting placement for unsigned artists, well following are some examples of some submissions that Music Gorilla has going on right now. Sort of me putting the money where my mouth is :)
So I won't go into too much detail, but how great an opportunity for an unsigned artist is it to submit songs for Jennifer Hudson's next album? What about Fantasia's and Mario's? Or, on the movie/tv placement side of things, there are music submissions for a new Bonnie and Clyde movie, a Fox Searchlight movie called 500 Days of Summer and the new Guitar Hero video game and the hit TV show Degrassi: Next Generation.
So anyway, these are just examples of the opportunities available to unsigned artists and in my opinion, all unsigned artists should be taking advantage of opportunities like these to make money with their music.
I get that being a rock star and touring 10 months a year is the goal for some people, but making money with your music is probably the ultimate goal.
Well, stay cool for the rest of August!

No comments: